360 degree Leadership Effectiveness Analysis™
The Leadership Effectiveness Analysis and the Strategic Leadership Development process use one model of leadership based on 22 behaviours. Defining where the organisation wants to be strategically and describing the existing leadership practices provides a gap analysis. Focusing resources on the gap between the two enables fast track deliver of the business strategy.
Using the Leadership Effectiveness Analysis 360 degree diagnostic enables us to:
- define Leadership for the organisation, the role, the team and the individual
- create an organisational perspective where 22 leadership behaviours are used to congruently link the business and leadership strategies
- empower individuals by offering developmental opportunities to face those future challenges and opportunities
Leadership is complex and bound by the context. There is no one model of leadership which is right for every context. To reveal and understand the richness and flexibility of leadership the Leadership Effectiveness Analysis uses 22 leadership behaviours and a 360 degree process.
Grouped Under Six Core Leadership Functions:
- Creating a Vision
- Developing Followers
- Implementing the Vision
- Following Through
- Achieving Results
- Team Playing
There is no one right way of leading. When describing leaders perceptions are filtered by four perspectives.
- The ORGANISATION’s values, sector and maturity
- The ROLE they perform
- The competence level of their team and the SITUATION
- The behaviours which are consistent with their OWN VALUES, BELIEFS and PREFERENCES
As well as defining individual leadership where you have a number of individuals performing similar tasks we can define role requirements.
The processes starts by being DESCRIPTIVE, enabling organisations to define and examine what the nature of leadership looks like. We have worked with organisations to identify developmental opportunities where the focus is not on assessment and judgement but learning and growth.
Recently we can now use the questionnaire to;
- Differentiate between average and exceptional performance in leadership
- Make precise and effective decisions about potential
- Manage talent much more efficiently and effectively
- Create real and focussed fast track developmental opportunities
- Devise individualised learning programmes
- Understand the links between behaviour, beliefs and values
Organisational focus is now moving to developing talent where fast tracking methods parallel individual learning and resources are focussed more efficiently and effectively.
The new model called PERFORMANCE+ is about EFFECTIVENESS and the ability to differentiate between average and exceptional performance. The focus moves to assessment. Assessment and evaluation becomes the focus to enable decisions to be made with individuals over the allocation of the organisation’s resources.
Using diagnostics, which use the same model and language, we can work with individuals, teams and companies to define effectiveness in their context and to understand what people do, think and believe which makes them even more effective.