Recent research (Retention of Key Talent and the Role of Rewards) produced by WorldatWork in cooperation with Loyola University’s Dow Scott and Hay Group found that while rewards play an important role in retaining key talent, organizations are best served by attending to the overall employment experience of these individuals and by using a broad tool kit of retention methods, including a proactive process for their development and advancement.
Our work focuses on ensuring that the investment made in developing talent results in a change in performance, whether business, team or individual. Ensuring that learning actually makes a difference in performance is critical in ensuring that those with potential are provided with the culture which aids achievement.
The research we did in Europe suggests that 51billion euros are wasted each year in not ensuring learning is transferred into performance.
Work done by Prof. Ed Holton after 20 years research and validated in 24 countries has shown the 16 enablers to making sure that learning is transferred into performance. The 16 enablers can either be enablers or barriers – either switched on or switched off.
LTSglobal works with the 16 enablers of the Learning Transfer Systems Inventory® (LTSI) to ensure that the adhesion takes place, and that learning transfers into performance Prof.Holton’s research suggests that there are only three reasons why learning doesn’t result in increased performance at;
- Individual’s capability or motivation
- The integration of the line management and the alignment of learning providers
- Organisations capacity to assess and evaluate the learning to realise the added value
The Learning Transfer System is a quality improvement system which enables companies to monitor the stakeholders in people performance and establish the level of fertility in the company to ensure learning sticks.
Companies continue to use the training route even though it is well researched that only 10% to 30% of learning is transferred into performance. Accessing the 70% -90% is a matter of managing the learning transfer process – it’s not costly and merely requires alignment and focus.
Accessing the 70% -90% is a matter of managing the learning transfer process – it’s not costly and merely requires alignment and focus.
With the LTSI® we can do;
- A cultural audit of the company to establish whether the enablers and barriers to learning transfer are switched on to ensure potential becomes performance
- An assessment of a talent intervention to ensure it adds significant value
Transferlogix® process provides;
- A web based and integrated system for talent development
- Identification of the exemplars in a company and defines what they do which makes them talented
- Links talent development to the behaviours which deliver future success
- Engages and involves stakeholders in talent development to ensure support and learning is transferred into increased performance at work with clear responsibility and accountability.
- Chief Executives with the information about the 16 performance indicators to focus talent development and deliver the business strategy faster and more effectively and efficiently
- HR with the information on what accelerates and hinders the learning culture in the company and the delivery of talented people
- Individual learners with the support to become empowered achievers
- A return on investment calculation to show added value